Dear Acera families,
I often hear parents joke “I wish I could go to Acera!” On Tuesday, January 9th from 6-7:30pm, you’ll have your chance!
We are hosting a Parent Education event during which you’ll engage in hands-on science activities. The evening will be choose-your-own-adventure style, allowing parents to engage with many our of STEM educators, and get a taste of what Acera is like for your child!
Please note: This is a parent-only event. Join us and get to know our faculty, staff, and fellow Acera families!
Engage parents to experience and deepen understanding about how science and interdisciplinary STEM learning happens at Acera.
- Experience a multi pendulum activity, and see the video analysis software kids used (Upper School elective).
- Engage in an atomic nucleus building activity (Lower School, 4th & 5th grade).
- Experiment with microbits and computer science (a tool accessible for grades 2 and up).
- Process flax into linen, and learn why cellulose is a good polymer to use in textiles.
- Experience a sample activity from Acera’s new Intro to Science & Creativity elective.
Additionally, learn more about Acera’s approach to education:
- Check out a sample curriculum map, which shows how interdisciplinary learning is envisioned by teachers who design their learning programs around themes with rich experiences, readings and conversations, which develop conceptual understanding while learning academic skills and core capacities.
- See course descriptions for math, creativity stations, and upper school electives.
- Learn more about Acera’s Ability Based Math Block.
- Hear from students about their interdisciplinary math projects.
I hope to see you there! As always, reach to me at email@example.com with questions.
All the best,