Jill Rubinstein, Core Classroom Teacher
- Taught 3rd grade at The Park School in Brookline for more than 20 years
- M.Ed., University of Massachusetts at Amherst
- B.A., Smith College
- Hobbies: I love cooking, biking, kayaking, hiking, writing, reading, and anything with friends and family!
- Movie: I have seen Kung Fu Hustle about 20 times. I highly recommend it!
- Personal accomplishment: Raising two amazing teenagers who are about to begin their senior year of high school.
If you could go anywhere for two weeks…
There are one million places I would love to go, but I wouldn’t say no to a return to Lisbon.
I’ve always loved teaching, and learning in all aspects of life, but nothing beats school for building community and relationships. And I love Acera’s community of creative, motivated, dedicated, warm, caring people!
Please join us in welcoming Jill Rubinstein to Acera as Room 7’s core classroom teacher! Jill has a combined 26 years of teaching experience, including more than 20 years at the Park School in Brookline, Mass. Throughout our very detailed and comprehensive hiring process, it was clear that she is an educator with a remarkable depth of experience, an innovative, responsive and collaborative approach to her work, and a passion for teaching and learning with her students.
Jill earned her masters degree in education at the UMass Amherst, during which she received an invitation to be part of their Collaborative Teacher Education Pathway. Outside of the classroom, Jill is an avid cook and outdoor enthusiast, as well as a writer of children’s fiction.
“I’m writing a children’s novel right now,” said Rubinstein. “I love how fiction advises how to be a friend, survive mistakes and discomfort, and celebrate success.”