Registration is now open for Acera’s 2021 Summer Camps! Programs include both in person and virtual camps.
Acera’s STEAM summer camp enables kids ages 5 to 17 to tackle enticing challenges, from fashion technology and physical computing to fabric dyeing and film making, individually and in groups. Sessions run in mornings, afternoons, or for full days.
View our full calendar here. Please note: Camps are sorted by age. Click on the relevant age range tab to view camps.
Download our In-person camps at a glance brochure.
Download our Virtual camps at a glance brochure.
- The title of each class tells you whether that class is in the Morning or Afternoon or Fu
ll Day, as well as In Person or Virtual.
- Morning camp sessions run from 9am-12pm EST, and Afternoon camp sessions run from 1pm-4pm EST. Full Day camps run from 9am-4pm. Each half day session is broken up by a 30 minute snack/movement break (screen-free break for virtual camps).
- In Person classes are generally capped at 10 students, and incorporate all our current COVID safety measures such as masking, social distancing, hand sanitizing stations, student material stations/kits to minimize surface transmission risk, our upgraded HVAC system for improved airflow & filtration, and use of outdoor spaces.
- Virtual classes are capped at 8 students to ensure high engagement, and are taught 100% synchronously by a specialist educator. Some camps make use of specialty materials kits available for pickup (local campers) or mail delivery if needed.
- This year, our Cancellation Policy is as follows: for class cancellations before June 1, we will provide a refund, less 15% to cover administrative & credit card processing costs. Alternatively, you may transfer enrollment to any other program at no charge. After June 1, only transfers are available, not refunds.
About the Acera Summer STEAM Camp
The Acera Summer STEAM Camp is a creativity-based arts and sciences day camp where children can nurture their natural desire to inquire, create, and innovate. With emphases on critical thought, creative problem solving, and integration of content areas, our diverse program offerings inspire all types of learners and thinkers. Our staff consists of professionals with significant experience in the classroom and in their own fields of expertise. Among them are award winners, active research scientists, and working artists. We believe in offering high caliber, authentic, engaging instruction, as much during the summer as during our school year program.
What To Expect
Our STEAM Summer Camp is designed to challenge students of all ages and learning styles. Participants should expect to tackle difficult, enticing problems, individually and in groups. They should anticipate taking the time to incorporate new techniques as they create unique works of art or design experimental protocols or novel engineering solutions.
Who Is Eligible?
All children ages 5 through 17 may attend. There is no testing or formal application process for our summer program, and enrollment at Acera’s Sept-June day school is not required. Participants must be able to work successfully both independently and in group settings.
View our 2021 Summer Camp Calendar and search for courses by age.
Pricing & Policies
Class prices vary, and include all materials and lab fees.
Once a session is fully enrolled, students can choose to be waitlisted. You can pick another session at the same time and switch should a slot become available; or just be waitlisted. When we begin a waitlist, we will do our best to find an instructor to increase the class size.
This year, our Cancellation Policy is as follows: for class cancellations before June 1, we will provide a refund, less 15% to cover administrative & credit card processing costs. Alternatively, you may transfer enrollment to any other program at no charge. After June 1, only transfers are available, not refunds.
No refund or reduction in fees is possible for a child who arrives late, leaves early, or attends part of a session due to illness (other than hospital stay).
Removal from camp: Decisions about participation in STEAM camp are made at the discretion of the instructor and the Enrichment Programs Manager. If a student is not able to participate in a safe and productive way, or if the teacher feels that the student is not engaging at a level appropriate for the program, the instructor may ask that s/he switch into a different session, or not return to the program. Refunds will not be provided for students removed from the program due to behavioral issues.
Limited financial aid is available and awarded based on demonstrated need. Please download the 2021 Reed Hollett Scholarship Application form, or email us at email@example.com to request an application.
The deadline for scholarship applications is three weeks prior to your chosen camp’s start date.
Due to the complexity of running both In Person and Virtual camps, as well as the need to tightly manage staffing to limit potential COVID transmission, we regrettably will NOT be offering Summer Internships for Middle & High School students.
We are offering some camps for ages 11-17 that may be of interest to your family. We look forward to offering this program again when we are able!