Week 1 – 6/12/2023 – 6/16/2023
Afternoon Camp Schedule
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch & Playground Time: Drop Off OR Transition from AM Camp
- 1:00-2:30 Camp Session
- 2:30-3:00 Snack & Playground Time
- 3:00-4:00 Camp Session
- 4:00-4:15 Regular Pickup
- 4:15-6:00 Late Pickup (Enroll Separately)
Design your own circuits and build interactive projects that light up, make sound, and move! Geared toward beginners, students will be introduced to the science of electricity and basic circuit design. They will learn about and use electronic components – such as LEDs, resistors, capacitors, transistors, switches, DC and servo motors – and they’ll be introduced to the Arduino coding IDE and simple commands. Projects in this camp include electronic musical instruments, digital hourglasses, and magic eight balls that give predictions when shaken.
This camp is part of a 3-part series on Arduino electronics & coding:
- Beginner level is offered during week 1 and week 7
- Intermediate level is offered during week 4 and week 8. Prerequisite is the beginner camp or equivalent experience.
- Advanced level is offered during week 5 and week 10. Prerequisite is the intermediate camp or equivalent experience.
Instructor: Alison Earnhart, Acera Makerspace Teacher