Ten years ago, the Acera team set out to nurture the problem solvers, creative thinkers, and innovators of tomorrow. Guided by its core values of community, openness, curiosity, innovation, integrity, and leadership, the school has evolved from an outside-the-lines startup to a pioneer in K-9 education innovation.
And according to parents of Acera students, the school’s philosophy and approach are having a positive impact on their children. In a recent survey, we asked families to share feedback on their child’s engagement and growth since coming to Acera, as well as the parents’ confidence in the school and its faculty. We heard from 56% of school families, including four or more responses from each classroom.
We were overwhelmed to learn that 96% of respondents feel that their children’s confidence as learners has increased since coming to Acera, and our school is the right fit. In addition:
- 98% of families have confidence in their child’s core classroom teachers.
- 96% of parents feel that there is no limit to their child’s learning potential at Acera.
- Nearly 95% of parents say that the school is helping children identify and manage their emotions, and 98% report that they, too, have learned more about their child’s emotional and social strengths and challenges.
- 96% of families believe their child is inspired by the learning at Acera.
- 98% feel that the experiences at Acera are enabling their children to be the best versions of themselves.
We will consider all feedback – accolades and suggestions for improvement alike – as we continue to develop Acera’s discovery-based learning and deep STEM curriculum. We look forward to talking with parents more at our upcoming listening conferences!